- To offer a lived experience of other cultures serving as a volunteer alongside the Sisters of the Cross and Passion and their Associates
- An opportunity to deepen understanding of global poverty and justice, journeying with the poor, in a spirit of community
- A challenging experience that will enable the volunteers to deepen their ‘Faith in Action’ and help them develop as agents of change
- A transformative experience
- A lived experience of other Cultures
A number of Sisters live and work in the shanty towns of Chile, Argentina and Peru in South America. They are happy to welcome volunteers from other countries to share the experience of their lives in these countries.
The people with whom the Sisters live and work, experience many deprivations in areas such as education, employment, health-care, housing and sanitation services.
The mission of the Sisters is to empower the local people so that together they improve living standards.
The day-to-day organising of the Project is attended to by the ‘Core Group-Savio Steed C.P.Eily May White C.P.and Sue Rix.
DO YOU HAVE A BURNING DESIRE TO LAUNCH INTO A VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE?
IF SO, READ ON and find out what to do next